"Le Balcon Royal" of the Marais - Long-term Rental
Le Balcon Royal of the Marais is a newly renovated luxury apartment designed by the talented interior architect Martine de Matteo. This apartment is located the historic Le Marais district in a classic Hausmannian-style building dating from the 1890s. This arrondissement is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Paris and is the location for haute Paris fashion and restaurants.
The spacious (94 square-meter) two-bedroom apartment is located on the fifth floor of an elegant elevator building with a full balcony that stretches the length of the living room, dining room and both bedrooms. The foyer overlooks a quiet interior courtyard, providing a gentle cross breeze throughout the airy and sunny apartment.
The apartment’s décor is inspired by a blend of contemporary and classic French design, pairing beautiful handcrafted details and antique chandeliers with modern bathrooms and a brand new chef’s kitchen.
This light-filled apartment, with three exposures and twelve windows, exhibits beautiful French style moldings and fireplaces. The bedrooms, dining room and living room feature gorgeous hardwood floors, while the foyer and kitchen boast custom Italian ceramic tiles.
Off to the right of the foyer as you enter the apartment is the bright, modern Chef’s kitchen. To inspire your culinary imagination, the kitchen comes with a five-burner stovetop, double-width oven, full-sized refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, dishes, pots & pans, cutlery and glassware. The kitchen is open-plan and inviting with an island and bar stools in the center for informal social gatherings or an intimate Parisian breakfast.
Hidden within a sleek floor-to-ceiling cabinet is the laundry closet with state-of-the-art separate full-sized stacked washer and dryer.
Next is the main bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and heated drying rack. The floors are heated to surprise and delight you. You will find high-end towels, hair dryer and a custom ordered German make-up mirror for your personal needs.
On the left side of the foyer are the master and guest bedrooms, both large and spacious. The master bedroom has a queen-sized bed with a hotel quality mattress. The room also features two large, elegantly stenciled armoires for abundant storage, a comfortable sitting chair, a vintage dresser with an antique mirror, and two night tables with matching lamps.
The guest bedroom has a full queen bed that can be separated into two single beds, with hotel quality mattresses. You will find a sitting area and large wardrobe faced with floor-to-ceiling mirrors. This bedroom features a full en-suite bathroom with a contemporary rain shower, toilet, large sink and luxuriously heated tile floors.
Peaceful nights are assured with opulent custom draperies installed in both bedrooms to close you off from the world.
The focal point of the apartment is its “double séjour” – an extra large living room and dining room combination. Double glass-paned French doors open up into the magnificent dining room with comfortable seating for six to eight people, a modern custom chandelier from Spain, an original fireplace and marble mantel, and a glass-shelved bookcase.
Beyond the dining room is a large living room with a second marble fireplace and a comfortable L-shaped sofa with plenty of seating for a party or a relaxing family night. Here you will find the in-house library, a television and classic board games.
Most people agree that the most unique feature of this apartment are the floor to ceiling windows that open to your personal balcony overlooking the Paris rooftops. A classic wrought-iron café table and chairs invite you to enjoy a private cup of coffee or a glass of wine and watch the Paris street scene below.
With Rue de Bretagne around the corner, the apartment embraces the heart of Le Marais, the oldest neighborhood in Paris. You will find numerous shops including boulangeries (bakeries), boucheries (butchers), poissonneries (fish markets), épiceries (grocery stores), primeurs (fruit/vegetable shops), fleuristes (flower shops), cave a vins (wine shops), cafés, a hip cocktail lounge on the corner and many excellent and charming restaurants. Among this formidable list is the oldest covered market in Paris, Les Enfants Rouges, which dates back to 1615! And don’t forget the numerous ateliers and stunning boutiques for which Le Marais is known.
In the last few years, designer boutiques and art galleries have found their home in Le Marais. The district becomes more and more important to Paris' finest artisans. It is only minutes from Musée Picasso, Places des Vosges and Place de la République -- where so much in Paris takes place. The location is quintessential Le Marais and with the Metro and bus line only steps away, you are minutes away from all of Paris.
With all this typical Parisian activity, you can relax at Le Balcon Marais and enjoy a moment of quiet, charming French life. This is your slice of Parisian life…
Included in your rental is cable television, with access to over 150 channels (many in English). WiFi is also provided, as is free telephone. Of course, bedding and towels are provided for your use as well as many other amenities.
• 5th floor with elevator, 94 square meters (1011 sq. ft.), large living area, dining room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and Chef’s kitchen
• Quiet 5-story building, only 8 living units in total
• Bright apartment with a large balcony which spans the living, dining and both bedrooms with café table and chairs
• Digicode on the street and intercom in the lobby
• Master bedroom: queen-size bed, large chest of drawers, two armoires, sitting chair, two night stands with lamps
• Guest bedroom: two single beds that can be made up as a queen-size bed, sitting chair, large three-panelled wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and large sink
• Main bathroom with shower, sink and toilet, heated towel rack
• Modern Chef’s kitchen, with two windows that provide a soft breeze
• 5-burner gas stove and oven
• Refrigerator with freezer—Full-sized
• Nespresso machine
• Tea kettle and large tea pot
• Dining area with nine-foot long dining table that can accommodate eight
• Two marble fireplaces and mantles with elegant patina French mirrors
• Large entry-way with Italian tile and a coat and utility closet
• Laundry closet with stacked full-sized washer and dryer
• A fully stocked kitchen with cooking utensils, cutting boards, tableware, wine glasses, drinking glasses, pots/pans and serving dishes
• Iron and ironing board
• Hairdryers in each bathroom
• In-house library with an assortment of English books, including guidebooks of Paris and France
• Large flat-screen television
• No pets allowed